Third Quarter Mission Focus: Warsaw FUMC’s Community Closet & Deb’s Closet
- FUMC’s Community Closet (Downtown Campus) & Deb’s Closet (Connection Campus) is the mission focus for the remainder of 2021. Personal care and household items that cannot be purchased with SNAP funds continue to be available curbside on Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the alley Atrium door and in conjunction with Strengthening Families on Mondays at The Connection.
- We have been consistently assisting about 80 families – well over 200 individuals. Your “mission” donations as well as a “noisy offering” (aka coin offering) made through your regular giving financially supports this ministry. Please indicate “Closet” in memo section of checks made payable to FUMC or on a separate line of your giving envelope.
- Thank everyone who voted for the Community Closet on the Beacon Credit Spotlight... We ended up getting second place which is $500.00 to go towards the Closet!
- We are still in great need for the personal care and household items. Currently, we need men and women's deodorant along with shampoo and conditioner. Also, please save your plastic bags and bring them to church Sunday. We are always in need of those bags.
- Thank you for your generous support!
Community Kitchen & Closet
Drive-thru Service until further notice
Community Kitchen Every Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Community Closet Every Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. (closed 1st Wednesday)
The Community Kitchen and Closet has been changed to a drive-through service. Patrons should arrive between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. each Wednesday and remain in their vehicles. Pull into the alleyway between the church and Lake City Bank. Please come from S Indiana St into the ONE WAY alley. A helper will greet you there at your car and provide you with one sack lunch per person and closet supplies for your household. Please stay in your car and we will serve you curbside!
First United Methodist Church has a long history of serving a soup kitchen out of the Fellowship Hall at our downtown campus. For many years, that meal was served on the last two business days of each month. In early 2009, we discerned a change in the needs of the community and began serving every Wednesday. We have a number of other churches and community groups who partner with us to make these meals possible.
The Community Closet was opened in the fall of 2009. Items that are not covered by food stamps (toiletries and cleaning products) are offered as they are available. Contact the Church Office if you are interested in supporting this ministry with your time or donations. Cash donations may be made at the Church office.
Women's Group – Deborah Circle
We are currently selling our Recipes for Life Cookbook! Please see a UMW member to purchase yours today! Cookbooks are only $10 and will make great gifts!
Deborah Circle is offering opportunities for spiritual growth, mission giving, social action and vital discipleship during these difficult times. Our community of women’s purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church. We strive for love of God and neighbors. All are welcome; it is not necessary to be a member of United Methodist Church. Monthly digital meetings, until further notice. Interested?
Please contact Kathie Votra (260) 568-0977 or firstname.lastname@example.org