Kosciusko Cares Presents:
Strengthening Families Program (SFP) – (kosciuskocares.org)
Strengthening Families is a 14-week program that builds family communication and relationships. Goals of the program include:
- Conflict management strategies
- Stress management strategies
- Communication skill development
- Identification of family & individual strengths
- Family problem solving skills development
- Relationship development
- 6:00-6:30 p.m.: Family Dinner
- 6:30-7:15 p.m.: Breakout Session(Groups: Parents, Teens (Middle & High School Students), Elementary (K-6th Grade), Nursery Care (Baby-Age 4)
- 7:15-8:00 p.m.: Family Activity Time (activities vary with session, but include board game nights, family challenges, group games, etc.)
SFP is FREE. It includes dinner, and incentives, including $100 in gift cards, among other opportunities. Transportation is available if needed. If your family, or a family you know, would like to join SFP for the next session, please contact:
Mandy Bailey, SFP Coordinator
Thursday Evenings, 9/7-12/21/23, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Location: FUMC Downtown (179 S. Indiana St., Warsaw)
A note from Mandy…
Dear FUMC Family,
Could your family, or a family you know, use a weekly “family date night,” a time to come together to build communication, connection, and relationship? We’d love to have you join us at Strengthening Families. SFP is encouraging, warm, and extends your support network. We would love to have you join us!
Hosting SFP at FUMC is such a gift! Families feel at “home” here. They feel encouraged & cared for by our church family. The families have expressed repeatedly the comfort & love they feel extended from our FUMC family. It is especially neat to hear this from families who have previously had negative experiences with faith/church. Thank you for opening our church homes to others and providing a place for families to grow in love & connection to their families and community! Many families send their children to FUMC events & VBS as a result!
Would you like to participate in SFP? Opportunities are as follows:
- Join SFP with your family, or share the opportunity with a family you know.
- Pray for the families and facilitators of SFP.
- Provide a meal (any Thursday, 9/7/23-12/21/23, at 6 p.m. – drinks & paper products provided) – contact Mandy to sign up (email@example.com, 574-527-8776)
- Volunteer in the nursery (6:30-8:00 p.m., any Thursday) – contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 574-527-8776 to sign up!
Thank you so much for your support!